June 9, 2010

Still Not Too Old...

After piano lessons this morning, Harrison and I went for a ride up Snow Canyon. It was just the two of us and was lots of fun. I had Harrison practice being the trail guide, complete with conversation and everything. When we were driving back to the corrals I asked Harrison what he had learned. I was surprised when he answered, "A whole lot more about my religion that I should know!"

I simply had told him about different conversations I've had on trail rides, some of the topics of conversation, and some of the answers I've given. We ended up talking about polygamy, the word of wisdom, the Holy Ghost, revelation, and the Articles of Faith. Hmmmmm. . .

This afternoon after piano lessons, I took my last student horseback riding. (That's pretty cool in itself...talk about motivation for having a good lesson!!) Anyway, Harrison had the horses saddled for us as soon as we got to the corrals which I was very grateful for!

Megan and I drove over to the Anasazi trail, and got the horses out. But HOLD YOUR HORSES (literally, this time!)...the cinch on my horse had busted off, and the saddle was totally loose. Thank goodness that didn't happen while we were riding! Anyway, after a brief evaluation, and knowing we didn't have any time to run back for a different cinch, I unsaddled Red Star, walked her over to the truck, and hopped on her bareback.

We started out a little slow, just to see how she would do, and then we picked up the pace and rode as if she had a saddle on. It was great!! I had fun being with Megan, we had a good talk about "stuff" too, and we were not deterred by a little thing called a saddle! I guess I feel pretty good that I can still ride bareback at "my age!" ^_^

No comments: