September 11, 2010

More updates...

Lest I be accused of not telling you something I told one of the other kids, and that YOU are always the LAST to know something...I'm putting it in writing, then you BETTER be advised. Right???

So, Nat first...she REALLY was a big help to Dad and I when we first had our surgeries, but we also knew she was ready to be on her own and was looking at moving to Logan. She spent a lot of time on line looking at job openings, etc. One of the places she applied was the Marriott's Springhill Suites. They liked her application, and wanted to interview her sooooo, she drove my trustee Sonata up to Logan. Before she headed back on Monday she had the job!! Hurray for Nat!! After a few days at home, and just a week post-op for me, Nat and I drove up to SLC to look at a car we had found online. The short version there is: I was feeling AWFUL when we left early Friday morning...I threw-up in Cedar! (Luckily we were able to pull off the freeway, hose me down and clean up the car before continuing on our way.) Nat bought the 1996 Hyundai Sonata, we got it inspected and registered, went out to eat, then Nat headed north to Logan, and I stopped off at Barton's in Mapleton to spend the night and try to recuperate before heading home Saturday morning.

Nat's enjoying her job and her car. The place she moved into had a really BAD feeling about it, so she moved out after the 2nd day, and is staying at Kevin and Ann Jensen's (he was my district leader on my mission...and they are friends we don't get to see very often!) while she looks for a better place! (And we are grateful Wyatt is taking good care of Natalee!)

Now, most of you know I'm taking some college classes this semester. But I thought I'd feel you in on the how & why!
I considered going back to get my bachelor's degree in Music...for about 60 seconds. And then I thought, "WHY?!?!" There are only a couple of the required classes that I really want to take...I'm 54...I don't want to teach on a college level...I don't have a ton of time I don't know what to do with...etc., etc. So I signed up for the one music class that I really wanted to take to help me be a better piano teacher.
AND THEN I TALKED TO BRANDON. . .this is all YOUR fault, son!! As we talked about some of the stuff he's involved in, he told me about ACCESS (a database computer program that I hadn't even heard of). Well, ever since Brandon and I took a "how to build a computer" class together when he was 14, we've enjoyed "talking computers." Since I didn't know anything about Access, I decided to take a class in it...and then I saw three other computer classes I really thought would be fun (Publisher, Powerpoint and Word). So, I suddenly had FOUR on-line computer classes I was signed up for in addition to my music class. AND THEN I THOUGHT, "Hmmmm, I really think an economics class could be interesting to me NOW..." so I found an on-line economics class and signed up for it. Suddenly, I'm only 3 credits short of "full-time" so I sign up for a "Music Fundamentals" class, also on-line, and THAT'S how I got to be taking 7 college classes this semester when I didn't have time to go back and get my Bachelor's Degree in Music!! Go figure!!

Love,
Mom

No comments: