May 4, 2010

Is Your Ship MOVING???

Mom's Moment
May 4, 2010

The last couple of days I've been working with Dallin and Harrison as they prepare to audition for Madrigals at the high school. (Here it is, their Senior year, and they just now think "hey, let's try out for Madrigals!") While Dallin and I were practicing, my mind went off into left field for a few moments, and I was made aware of some things. I shared them with Dallin:

"When Dad, Kristy and I met with Elder Bednar, he said something to Kristy that keeps coming back to me. 'We seldom are aware of the many ways the Lord inter-twines things to accomplish His plan.' More and more I become aware of things that have been 'coincidental' but only appear that way. It has been VERY interesting to watch things unfold in the lives of the kids in our family.

Last year you ran for Men's rep and lost. But you got involved with swim team, made some great friends, and did well.

This year you ran for student body president and lost in the final election. You have been involved in lots of different sports, struggled with injuries, done well with piano and violin. What I'm very curious to see is what the Lord has in store for you.

Perhaps there is something more important that HE knows about that you have yet to discover. It very well could be that singing may be a bigger blessing to you than a hefty leadership position. Who knows? There is one thing that I'm sure of, though, and that is as long as you keep your 'ship' moving in a good direction the Lord will guide you where He wants you. It may be a more difficult task if your ship is just sitting in the harbor waiting for something good to come to it."

And that is my counsel to each of you...be a little better just for today. Do something good just for today. Improve yourself in some small way today. Then do it again tomorrow.

"Little things" tend to accumulate into big things over time. Dad reached over and carried my tennis shoes for me the first night we met, not because I was carrying anything else, but because it was a nice "little thing" to do. This June 6th it will be 31 years of "little things" later, and our ship is still moving in a good direction!! I hope you become aware of the many ways the Lord is guiding and directing your lives as you listen and work at following Him.

Love you all TONS!!
Love,
Mom

No comments: