April 2, 2010

April Fool's. . . The rest of the story...




Soooo, if you read about how I got pranked on April Fools with my friends taking Zoro from the corrals...intending to "surprise" me with him being found at a friend's house, but instead, my discovering him "missing" from the corrals, and being worried sick...


Turn about is always rather nice...especially if it "just happens!"



So, Friday morning (the day after April Fools Day), Celeste and April show up on my doorstep, bearing chocolate as a peace offering before we headed out on our planned horseback ride. It was rather funny, sweet, and willingly accepted by me!



We went up to Three Ponds (Snow Canyon), and the short version is, Zoro (Celeste rode him) and Brown Jug (April rode him) broke out of their bridles while tied to some trees (we were hiking around the ponds), and bolted down the canyon with their newly found freedom.



Poor Chip (whom I was riding) was left tied up, unable to get free, so he whinnied up a storm! We returned to find the two horses missing. So, guess who had to walk back all the way to the parking lot! It seemed like "just desserts" to me! ^_^



Thanks to Dallin driving the horse trailer to the Sand Dune Parking lot and intercepting the two runaways, we were able to finish our ride to the outside parking lot!

No comments: