September 21, 2009

FAMILY

Mom's Moment
February 19, 2006

As I have spent time over at Julie's house helping with Scott, I have gotten a lot of scrapbooking done. I enjoy my time over there. As I have cooked and cleaned at different times I have found Julie and I are alike in many ways, but also different. I am very grateful for my "other sister" and her profound influence in my life.
One day as I opened her pantry door I noticed a quote on the inside. Funny...she puts her quotes on the inside of her door...I put mine on the outside. Similarities. Her pantry door is mostly open, mine is mostly closed. Differences.
Anyway, I loved the quote and felt it very important to share. One, because it's true; two because it's from a prophet of God; three because it's a good reminder.


"Your most important friendships should be with your own
brothers and sisters, and with your father and mother.

LOVE YOUR FAMILY

Be loyal to them. Have a genuine concern for them.

Pray for them.

Help carry their load."

-- Ezra Taft Benson


The day Aunt Linda graduated from high school she moved out of our home. (She and our parents had some major difficulties throughout her teenage years.) For the next couple of years I was very afraid for her. She had moved in with a girlfriend who wasn't very active in church, then Linda moved to San Francisco for awhile, living with my aunt and uncle. All the while I was worried about what she was doing with her life, and I CONSTANTLY prayed for her. I will never forget the feelings I had and prayer was the only way I could help. And it did.
I was thrilled when she decided to move up to Provo the second year I was there. It was a good change for her.
I'm sure I wasn't the only one praying for my sister. The important thing is that I was praying for my sister. I hope we will love each other. Be loyal to one another. Have genuine concern for our family. Pray for them, and help carry their load.

No comments: