June 7, 2014

MOM'S and the FBI!!

A couple of weeks ago I put something on the window that said:

MOM'S DO BETTER RESEARCH THAN THE FBI

Well, shortly after that I got an email from Elder Hunt saying that he got "locked out" of his Facebook account because he tried to log-in (with his mission president's permission!) from out of the country.  I guess FB wanted to make sure the account wasn't being hijacked, so they required him to enter the verification code they sent to his cell phone.  Only problem was he hasn't had that cell phone number for the past two years!!  Sooooo, he asked me to see what I could do...

I called the old cell number...no answer.
I texted the old cell number...no answer.
I called again, and texted again...same response...nothing.

I knew Elder Hunt needed access for his missionary work and that time was of the essence, so I went online and did a reverse number search.  It showed the number was located in St. George, but I'd have to PAY to get the information.  Big decision.  It cost me ninety-five CENTS!!  Best almost-dollar I've ever spent.

It was registered to a Hispanic man...and I got his address.  I called Jacqui, and asked for her assistance.  She called the number and left a message in Spanish, and also texted in Spanish...no answer!  So, we drove over to the address.  Sure enough, the man who answered the door spoke very little English, so Jacqui talked and talked, explaining the situation.  The man checked his phone and there was a verification code on it from back in APRIL...after several minutes he realized that his phone number wasn't the one we were trying to track down.  He talked with his wife, and then he remembered an old cell phone...that his nephew was using.  He called his nephew and VOILE!!!  He had the received the verification code.  The man wrote it down for me, I sent it via email to Elder Hunt, and after just a few short minutes, I received an email back saying, "I'm in!!"

Jacqui and I laughed as we got in the car to drive home, so happy with our sleuthing skills.  Jacqui said, "The FBI should hire us!!  We would look really good in black trench coats!!"  Not sure I really want that job, but I was so happy that we could get things straightened out for Elder Hunt!!  HOORAY!!

No comments: