February 15, 2012

Slow down??? HOW?!?!

For some reason I thought our lives would slow down a bit with the children all going so many different ways.  Well, we're still waiting!!


This past weekend I had Piano Evaluations for all of my students.  Everything went very well and I was happy with all of my students' preparations.
Then Monday night (13th) we had our two recitals (to accommodate 34 students).


Dad and Nat were BIG helps, videoing each student's performance and getting individual pictures of each as well.  All I had to do was run the recitals, hand out trophies and awards, and be nervous for each of the kids performing!


And Valentine's Day was the very next day.  Sheesh!  I've got to plan better!! 


 Dad and I had an early Valentine's breakfast before my students started arriving.  After teaching, Nat and I started making Valentine cookies and delivered to friends and VTing ladies.  (I also took some to the middle school and had them delivered to Jeonghoon.  He really liked that!)  I got home just in time to see Nat open the front door to the florist...Dad had sent some beautiful roses for me.  I loved them!!

But the most fun part was taking the balloons and glass heart, filled with chocolate hearts, into Dad's classroom.  He was in the middle of a power point presentation with the lights off and his microphone on when I walked in. I excused myself, apologized to the students for what they would be subjected to next, and then put my arms around my husband and started to sing "I Love You, A Bushel and A Peck" - I sang the whole song to him (luckily he moved the mic out of the way) and then kissed him.  He was embarrassed, but he liked it, too!  (He told me later that several students told him they liked it as well!)  I am so grateful for a wonderful husband!!

I got to have lunch with Nancy Allred, and then dashed home to help Nat get our Valentine's dinner ready before I started teaching.  Thanks to Natalee we pulled off a fun dinner with some of our friends (Julie Schram, Ryan Reeves, Gary and MaryAnn Zabriskie, Kjersten LaFontaine, and Jeonghoon Son...as well as Nat, Dad and I).  Fun times!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think Dad is lucky to have a wife that would be brave enough to embarrass him in front of a whole classroom of students! Lucky man!