November 6, 2011

Rainy days and Sundays. . .

It was Fast Sunday today, and it was rather cold for St. George weather...Julie Schram knew I had to be sick when I showed up in my heavy neck-fur coat.  Yep, the cold that grabbed my throat last week hasn't been quite ready to let go.  We went to Sacrament meeting, which was good, but I came home afterwards and took an hour nap, then returned for choir practice.  Afterwards, Dad and I came home and around 4:00 we made grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup.  Just as I was turning the burners off, the power went out...and didn't come back on!  So we sat at the table to eat, but with the dark skies outside, Dad flipped the light switch on...to no avail.  Later I tried to open the garage door, forgetting about the power situation.  Funny how much we take for granted!!

Well, after our simple meal, and with the power still being off, I suggested we have a special Sunday snack...smores by way of the wood stove!!  The coals were perfect, Hank was happy to be in the middle of things, and they turned out beautifully!!  Only one problem, we used Cookies n Cream for the chocolate part...it didn't taste nearly as good as the Snickers Mil and I used when we didn't have plain Hershey chocolate.  Oh well, it was fun anyway!   ( See what y'all are missing out on?!?!)

2 comments:

Holly said...

Haha my mom texted me yesterday and said that she was at your house to get warm by the wood stove!! Glad she was able to get some warmth!

Anonymous said...

That looks like so much fun and so yummy! Glad you two can have fun together :)