August 30, 2011

Evidence. . .

A thought ran through my mind this morning that I think was an "archival retrieval" from my seminary days. . . so this is going back a bit - - like FORTY YEARS!!

Anyway, the thought is:

If you were arrested for being a follower of Christ, 
would there be enough evidence to convict you?

As Dad and I were eating breakfast, we discussed this and thought about all the different things that could be subpoenaed for a court of law.  
1.  What's the environment of your home/apartment/room?  Any pictures on the walls, magazines, books, that would support the charges, or not?

2.  Perhaps they would confiscate your CD player, MP3 player, Ipod, phone, computer, etc.  What music would they find?  What images?  What websites?  (I'm so glad I have www.lds.org as my Home page!)

3.  What about your car?  When they inspect your car what would be found?  A MESS?  Cleanliness?  

4.  What about the people you associate with?  Do they help you make good choices?  Do you help others?

5.  What about your thoughts?  Hmmmmm, maybe a lie detector test, or something like that.  Where is your heart?

Soooo, this is just some food for thought.  I hope we would each be EASILY convicted if tried on the charge of following Christ.

Love you ALL!

Love,
Mom

No comments: