May 13, 2011

CHICKENS . . .

So, our "little chicken" are growing at a very fast rate of speed, so it was time to do something about that...one of my students' dad offered his help in building a chicken run, so that's what we're doing! We started out building a large enclosure at the side of the house...and then a storm front blew through with a lot of wind and a bit of rain. Wasn't quite sure what the loud sound was as we were hurrying to finish up and get out of the storm. Then I noticed the long piece of sheet metal in the back of the truck had been picked up by the wind and thrown...right into the back of my car, bashing in the back windshield. Great! Found that out as I'm getting things ready for my piano students duet recital!

Then, last night we heard some strange sounds in the chicken coop area...the chickens were FLYING and getting up into the tree. It was a very strange sight! While Nat was climbing in the tree to get the chickens out, I started to clean out the waterer for the chickens. However, Dad walked up beside me just as I sloshed the water out into the dirt, and it plastered his feet with mud! He just stood there and said, "Really!?!" I felt BAD, but you couldn't tell because Nat and I were laughing so hard!!

We're learning ALL KINDS OF THINGS from these chickens!!

No comments: