April 3, 2011

Mom's Travels. . .and then some!

So, I left Thursday evening after teaching lessons and made it into Mapleton before 10 p.m.  Enjoyed sleeping in "my room" at Dan's & Janet's; the next morning I headed to Clinton.  I washed and styled my mom's hair and then we took a short road trip up to Logan for her birthday.  While we drove Grandma Barton read the "Memory Lane" gift I gave her.  It was eight pages of memories I had typed up last week from my childhood.  It was so fun to share those memories together as we drove.

When we got to Logan we got the rest of Natalee's stuff in my car (she had already packed her car to the hilt!), then Grandma, Natalee and I went out to lunch at Sizzler's, then we headed back to Clinton.  (Nat just kept driving so she could get home quicker!)  I took my mom to get her hair cut, and made it back to her place in time to meet Brandon, Tannya and Nikki there.  We had a short visit, then they left and so did I.  Linda, Dawn and I went out to dinner at Iggy's in Layton, then said our good-byes, and I hit the road back to St. George. Whew!!

Saturday morning Dad and I did some yard/garden work while we listened to conference.  Then I took Alex, Elizabeth and Megan horseback riding out by Lava Ridge and Ivins.  On our return, just past the intermediate school, we were turning our horses to go across the desert and suddenly there was a loud bang!  Hank (our other dog) got hit by a car!!  I have no idea how it happened because the sound and the yelping freaked the horses out and I was solely concerned about the girls staying on their horses and getting the horses under control.  The girls did GREAT, but Hank was writhing on the dirt, yelping away.  I wasn't sure what to do because the horses were very fidgety.  After a minute, Hank got up and limped over to me, but blood was coming out of his mouth.  I covered my mouth with my gloved hand, trying to hold back the sobs.  All I could think was NOT AGAIN!!  And I had to hold it together for the girls' sakes, too!

We walked very slowly, and gradually the bleeding from Hanks mouth stopped.  The short version is:  Hank seems to be okay...sore and a little slow moving right now, but okay.  HOORAY!!!

1 comment:

Mike and Jaimi Smith said...

Glad you were able to help Natalee out. Also glad that Hank is doing ok. Can't wait till the end of may.