February 14, 2011

Valentines Dinner 2011

We may not have had many of you kids here (drat!) but we still know how to have a fun time!! We had our traditional Valentines Dinner this evening with lots of good food and even a surprise! Julie and Harrison, Julieann, and Jean Larsen all came, in addition to Min Tai, Dallin, Kristy, Chloe (another Korean intern at SCHS), and Dad and I.

Of course we had our mexican menu of chimichangas, spanish rice, refried beans, and salad. . . plus "mexican" carrots for Harrison (steamed carrots with cheese and season salt). We were immensely enjoying eating and talking when I decided it was time for a surprise.

I casually asked Min Tai if Jina (his girlfriend) had received the Valentine package he mailed to her. He apologized for forgetting to tell me that she really liked it. Then I showed everyone the darling black colt stuffed animal Dad gave me this morning for Valentines Day, and mentioned that there was one more gift. I brought the large wrapped box from the telephone counter and handed it to Min Tai. He was confused thinking it was for Dad. I assured him I had already taken Dad's present to him at the high school. I WISH I would have had the video going when he opened the silver wrapping paper, but I didn't. Inside was a box that had just arrived today, from Jina!! He had no idea it had come, and it was SO happy as he opened it and pulled everything out. It was lots of fun.

After dinner, we played the hand game around the table and laughed and laughed. It was great! After that we went in the front room and played the name game. I put red hearts on half the people and white hearts on the other half. The white team won each time...and Dad still thinks there's a conspiracy!! (He was on the red team...I was on the white!)

Then we had hot fudge brownies with whipped cream and sliced almonds. YUM!!

And then Min Tai got to do the dishes . . . he's Monday night dishes. . . oh drat!

I think everyone had lots of fun. Hope you all had good Valentines dinners, too! Maybe NEXT year we'll have more of you here!!

Love,
Mom

No comments: