February 1, 2010

Don't Be Fooled

Mom's Moment

February 1, 2010



Last year when I was going through a very difficult time, I sat crying in the car at Lin's parking lot. (I don't usually do that!) I had many bad feelings running through my head when the thought came to me, "Write down the feelings you are having."



I was a bit surprised, but I fumbled through my purse and found a small piece of paper and wrote one-word feelings. Here is the list:



Terrified

Traumatized

Hurt

Scared

Inadequate

Ignorant

Incapable

Angry

Alone

Helpless




Just a few minutes after writing the last word, a surprising experience took place. A very peaceful feeling came over me as I felt some direct spiritual guidance. The following thoughts came into my mind and my heart:



"You are not those things at all...(I was just a bit surprised at this because I REALLY felt those things!) Actually, just the opposite is true. The adversary is the great deceiver and he is trying to make you feel all those things, but you are truly the opposite of those feelings."



At this point I was still very surprised, and a bit disbelieving. I looked at the paper and internally asked, "Oh really? Then what AM I feeling?"



Without any hesitation, the Spirit went down the list and told me each "opposite." I was amazed as a total "calm" came over me. After a few minutes, I started the car and drove home, a VERY different person.



Just the other day, I came across the paper I had written my bad feelings on. I never knew I still had it! I just wish I would have written down the Spirit's "other list." But I will NEVER forget this experience and how I felt!

No comments: