December 10, 2009

CLUSTER BEHAVIORS

I was reading Dallin's swim magazine recently and found something very interesting. Basically, it pointed out that behaviors are found in "clusters!" I hadn't thought about this too much, but now that my attention has been drawn to it, I see lots of correlations.

If you are careful with your diet (eating fruits and vegetables, eating less high fat/high sugar foods) you probably also exhibit other behaviors such as exercising, good hygiene, etc. You have "clusters" of healthy living.

The flip side: if you pick up a cigarette (or any other unhealthy substance) "just to try it," you increase your risk of taking on other detrimental habits due to the this same "clustering" effect.

What correlations do you see? What are your friend choices like? Do you tend to "cluster" in this department? Is this a GOOD thing?

As you know, I THINK a lot. This is one of those things I've been thinking about. I have found in my own life, even within the last couple of days, that what I focus on (or don't) tends to "cluster." This can be a GREAT thing if we're consciously working at improving ourselves. But it can be a bad thing if we aren't paying attention and are slowly "clustering" downward.

Hope this gives you a "shot in the arm" to help you find ways to improve yourself, AND bless the lives of those around you as you do!

LOVE YOU ALL!!

Mom

No comments: