October 31, 2015

HALLOWEEN HIGHLIGHTS!!!

A couple of days before Halloween, I drew Dezmond a "treasure map" to follow, to help him draw his name.  He asked if it was Pirate Pete's treasure map.  I assured him it was, and my Halloween costume idea was born!!

Cayman just felt TRAPPED!!!

Amelia and I had picked a BUNCH of green beans from the community garden, and she snapped at least half of them, so I decided to bottle them before they dried out.  It didn't take long, and was a perfect way to spend less than an hour before the Trick-or-Treaters started to arrive!


Denzel and Cayman came over, and showed off their costumes!  Amelia was SO creative making Dezmond's robot costume...he loves playing "Ro-bot!" with Grandpa, and he loves the color RED!  It was the ideal costume!!


During one of the rounds of Trick-or-Treaters, a deep male voice asked how I was doing while I handed out the candy.  I kept in "pirate character" as I answered, "Arrrrgghhh!!  I don't know...I can't see you!  Who is it??"  He told me his name, and I squealed as I jumped up to give him a hug!  It was one of Denzel's good friends from high school!!  I invited him in, we talked about him, about Denzel, about life changes, etc., and three hours later, we were saying good-bye!!!  There's some far-reaching things going on here!!!






No comments: