September 1, 2014

Which Languages Are YOU Learning?

Hi Kids,
What a fun-filled, emotional, and memorable couple of weeks we've had since Dallin came home on Brandon's 30th birthday (August 15th)!!  If I wait for things to calm down before I start writing on the family blog again, I might not ever write!  And I really wanted to share this with each of you, so here goes...

When Dad and I went with Elder Hunt to the Stake Center to be released as a full-time missionary, I was anxious to hear him tell President Harris of some of his experiences.  Dad and I weren't disappointed.  Then, President Harris started to talk to Dallin about the languages he learned on his mission.  Since President Harris is Canadian, he brought up the "Newfie" language.  And then he asked about the 2nd language Dallin learned.  In my mind I was thinking, "No, he didn't have to learn French, even though it's a bi-lingual mission..." but Elder Hunt knew exactly what President Harris was referring to.  He said, "Yes, I learned the language of the Spirit...how to recognize it...to understand it...to heed it..."  And that really had an impact on my heart.

Isn't that what we ALL are supposed to be learning here on Earth?  How to recognize the Spirit?  How to listen closely for the promptings of the Holy Ghost?  How to understand the Still Small Voice that can guide our lives if we will listen?  What language are YOU working on learning?

As I watch you kids teach your young children how to enunciate their words as they start learning to talk, I wonder if we are as mindful to teach the "language of the spirit" through our words and our actions.   It was a great reminder to me to always be fluent in the language of the Spirit!!

Love,
Mom

No comments: