June 26, 2013

POT LUCK!!

I've been feeling "a bit" stressed the last few weeks. It seems like 2 steps forward and 9 steps back...more and more things needing to be done, and fewer and fewer actually getting checked off the list. (Needless to say, riding horses is not a high priority right now.  Drat!!)  So, I'm doing a BRIEF catch up on the blog.  Hold on tight!!

We went to Veyo Pool  on June 8th  with the Colmenero clan to celebrate Bailee's  6th birthday and Kennedy's 3rd.  Fun times, except for sliding off a rock while looking for crawdads and bashing my toe!!  It STILL hurts!



We've also enjoyed fun times with Dezmond...he's a great piano teacher's aid (provides the distraction factor and how to ignore it!), but he doesn't do so well in the clean-up-the-mess department!!

On Father's Day I forgot to take pictures of our morning...but I made eggs, bacon, toast, and oj for Dad.  He loved everyone's cards and gifts...and he liked the two new camping chairs I gave him, along with the new book about the St. George Temple, "All That Was Promised" by Blaine Yorgason.  We went to Sean and Rochelle's ward with them (their first time attending their ward!), and had them over for dinner, along with Nat and RJ.  (Nat made a birthday cake for Kennedy since it was her actual birthday!  It was a darling cake!!)
Sean looks SO natural holding a little BOY!!  Dezmond loves Sean!!

 The full-time missionaries now live in our basement.  It has been enjoyable, but also difficult, to have them here:  The hard part is that everytime I see them, which is pretty often, it reminds me of Dallin...I mean Elder Hunt...and I don't like thinking about him ALL DAY LONG!!!  It makes me sad!!  I'm getting over it now, but it sure wasn't fun at first!!
Elder Fiefia is from Tonga, and Elder Rawlins is from Virginia.  They have been here for six weeks, and now Elder Fiefia has been transferred to Cedar City, and Elder Gregg (from Colorado) is companions with Elder Rawlins.

AND our garden is producing some amazing Armenian cucumbers. . . for which Amelia is extremely grateful!!  SHE is definitely the Queen of Armenian Cukes!!
 

No comments: