April 28, 2013

Sean's Birthday. . .

We invited Sean Colmenero and Rochelle and the girls to church with us on the 28th, and for dinner afterwards...didn't realize it was his birthday on the 28th until late Saturday night.  I felt kind of badly that he may have felt "obligated" to be with us...but we had a really enjoyable time at church and THEN we came home and had lunch, AND had a traditional HUNT TREASURE HUNT for Sean!!  It was great, and I think he really liked the tradition. (I'm sure Denzel must have been cracking a smile watching Sean hunt for his clues!!)

Initially, I worried about the gift we had for Sean...thought he might think it was dumb.

But then I thought about it and realized it was the PERFECT gift for him!!

I just happened to have an unopened DVD of "The Testaments" and a box of Mike n Ikes candy.  Sounds like a good gift to me:  candy and a movie!!



  


Fresh blackberry pie-cake!!  YUM!!!



Apparently Sean liked the gift too!!


Rod and I were also SO excited to hear the news that Sean had proposed to Rochelle earlier in the morning, before they came to church...and she said "YES!"   Wahoo!!  We are so happy for them!!




No comments: