April 28, 2013

MEMORIES. . . .Making and Remembering!






(It's June 11th and I'm FINALLY writing about Denzel's death anniversary...I still haven't ever finished writing in my journal about when he died...I better not put THIS off!!)

Sunday afternoon, after celebrating Sean's birthday, Rod and I packed and headed up to Salt Lake City.  We met all the kids (except Jaimi and Elder Hunt), plus Tony and Sammy at the Veteran's Memorial Cemetery where Denzel is buried.

It was SO good to be there together.  Rod played several pieces on his Native American Flute;Kristy and Amelia did an impromptu "interpretive dance" that I'm sure Denzel was laughing just as hard at as the rest of us.  It was "perfect!"
We shared pizza, and watermelon; licorice and Wheat Thins; Oatmeal Pies, and Casco Ice Cream Bars!          
It was a beautiful evening, but got chilly as the sun set.

The strength of our family, sharing, loving, caring altogether is such a strength and security 
to me, and Rod and to our entire family.

No comments: