March 17, 2013

Mom's 57th Birthday!

What a PERFECT birthday!!
Woke up and barely finished showering and cleaning up when Dad came in to wish me Happy Birthday and to tell me breakfast was ready...AND RJ had even gotten up early to be here for my birthday breakfast!!  Now THAT was a sacrifice for him!!  (Thanks, RJ!!)
Loved the birthday sign Nat made and there were cards and packages from near and far!  They included being from:   ELDER HUNT,  Aunt Linda, Aunt Michele, Faith and Devon, Sharon Webb-McPherson, MaryAnn's parents, as well as her niece; MaryAnn and Gary, Millie and Hans, Nat and Rj, and the Siglers.  Too bad when Nat did "Heavy Heavy hang over they poor head..." with Dallin's "gift," neither of us realized it was the GPS unit I had sent to him (we had to swap because I sent the one without Canada on it) and she konked me on the head a good one!!  It was actually pretty funny and only a little painful!!

Breakfast was great!  Fried eggs, bacon, toast and Ovaltine!!  AND a treasure hunt!!  Nat even got it on video for Dallin!  It ended outside in the dog run...a BEAUTIFUL stand-alone hammock!  I LOVE IT!!!  AND it goes beautifully with the new waterfall we have in the backyard...we came home from California to find it nearly done...(Craig Strain had to taken down Dallin's waterfall since we couldn't use it due to a BIG leak somewhere and we couldn't risk the water compromising the block wall...but I had told Craig how important those rocks were to us...and he surprised us with a pathway using the rocks, and keeping it somewhat the way Dallin had it.  I was SOOOO happy, and it has a great water sound to it!)








After breakfast, Amelia, MaryAnn, Audrey Godfrey and I went for a horseback ride in Snow Canyon.








When we got home, I quickly changed for the lake, and helped Rod finish up lunch prep, and then we headed out to Sand Hollow Reservoir.  Nat and RJ were already there with a couple of jet skis and two canoes.  Hans and Mil were literally right behind us!

So we spent the afternoon in the perfect warm air, sunshiney skies, and even Dezmond falling asleep in my arms.  The water was VERY cold, but other than that it couldn't have been more perfect, UNLESS ALL the kids were there!!
I DEFINITELY do NOT know where Natalee came from...a sandy dog on the beach...UGH!!!
Good thing Oakley s so sweet!!




After the lake we went home and got everything ready for my birthday dinner...

BBQ chicken, half-baked potatoes, steamed veggies, salad, and garlic bread!  YUM!  And, of course, we had homemade German Chocolate cake for dessert!!  





(Dezmond really "got into" the pan drawer!!  The THREE candles were PLENTY!  And Dezmond enjoyed all the birthday festivities, too!!)


I think my sweet husband worked harder in one day, trying to make sure everything was perfect (and it was!!), that going back to school will seem like a vacation!!  Thanks to him, and everyone else, it was a wonderful and memorable day!!  THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!  :}











No comments: