February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

What a good, fun, hard, emotional, memorable, and great day!! 

Things started out REALLY good.  I made a good breakfast of fried eggs and bacon for Rod and I before teaching my morning piano students.  As soon as I finished teaching, I pulled out the “hidden” stuff I was taking down to the high school…M&M chocolate chip cookies I had made for “Mr. Hunt’s students” and a hot fudge sundae glass filled with M&M’s, and Styrofoam and straws to make it look like a soda…and a note that said, “Rod, I ‘SODA’ like you!!”  Anyway, I added a couple of balloons, and went into Rod’s class (AP Biology), and gave him his Valentine surprise…and the kids enjoyed the cookies!












 Shortly after I got home, I had someone come to the front door...it was Cameo Florist with a BEAUTIFUL flower arrangement from my sweetheart!!!  What  sweet surprise.  AND I was actually home for the delivery!!  Wow!!
Then it was time to start working on preparations for tonight’s dinner.  Millie and Dezmond came over to help and it was a lot of fun…Amelia got everything set on the table while I tied little candy "favors" that would go on each plate.  It really ended up looking nice, thanks to all of Amelia's help.  

But there was also the hard parts... Mil and I were on the same emotional page, and our eyes would fill up with tears over the littlest things…

We talked and processed, cried and processed, and laughed and processed some more!!


When Amelia first came over I was crying about a little email from Dallin, that kind of blindsided me,  and then realized I was really crying about Denzel…sheesh!!  Can hardly wait til this stops!!  Anyway, it was so nice having Mil and Dezmond here. 
Grandma & Dezmond rock each other to sleep!!


Julieann, Harrison, Gary "Kissy Lips" Zabriskie & MaryAnn "Don't mess with me" Zabriskie,
Julie Schram, and Rod Hunt


Devon & Faith Reeves, Julieann Williams (hiddin), Harrison Schram, Gary & MaryAnn Zabriskie, and Julie Schram (she's
going to kill me for this picture!!)
 We LOVE having our Hunt family traditions…especially our Valentine’s Dinner.  Good thing there aren’t kids left at home…so we can invite people over to celebrate with us.  Homemade chimichangas, Spanish rice, refried beans, salad, sparkling punch, and brownie dessert!!  Delicious!!

Julieann, Harrison, Gary and MaryAnn

Devon and Faith,  and  Julieann

Rod and Patrice


Julie and Rod

Patrice, Devon, Faith and Julieann


No comments: