November 25, 2012

THANKSGIVING 2012

Can I PLEASE get off the emotional roller coaster?  I'm tired of it!!  It's just about two weeks later and it still hurts my head to think about it!  Yes, I had a REALLY bad stress headache Thanksgiving Day due to emotions running rampant, but with all that said, I am SO glad we enjoyed being with manyof our family! (I was not stressed because of the family, it was just too much emotion with Veteran's Day, Denzel's birthday, and Thanksgiving all piling up on top of each other within 9 days...I'm entitled, right?!?)

Brandon was up early when I was in tears and just wrapped me in his arms and held me.  It was very meaningful to me!  A bit later we made pie crust together, which was also very therapeutic!  Brand made the chocolate candy bar pies, and they were GOOD!

 Of course Nikki was entertaining for EVERYONE and we loved the time we got to spend with her!

Our dinner was WONDERFUL!!  Loved being at Brandon's and Tannya's, having Kristy and Nat there, and just being together!!

When we were done eating dinner we headed over to Ellison's with our pie to join the Barton side of the family in Layton.  What a fun time we had!!  Nice to see so many of the nieces and nephews, and to catch up with everyone!!
 L-R  Dan Barton, Patrice Barton Hunt, Steve Barton (kneeling) Fred Denzel Barton, Isabell Pack Barton, and Dawn Barton.  (missing are Linda Barton Ellison [inside doing dishes], and John Barton)


All too soon...like Saturday morning, Rod and I headed back to St. George.  We got back just in time for me to take two different groups of friends out riding.  Nat came down Saturday morning, too.  Always fun to have her home!!

No comments: