August 22, 2012

TONS OF RAIN MEANS LOTS OF PLAY!!

Tuesday night a BIG lightening and thunder storm rolled in shortly after MaryAnn Zabriskie, Tenisha Hunt and I returned from an evening horseback ride to Three Ponds at Snow Canyon.  It was very impressive with some major lightening strikes lighting up the sky and getting closer and closer to our open garage where I was sitting.  I was talking on the phone with Natalee and the noise from the storm was getting so loud I had to go in the house.

All night long there were loud claps of thunder and it was easy to hear the rain pouring down on our house most of the night.

In the morning MaryAnn called to say what a mess it was down at the horses when she went to feed.  After I taught my morning piano lessons, the two of us drove back down in the truck.  MAN!!  Part of the dirt road was washed out, and it was a MUDDY bog down there!!  I didn't dare drive all the way in, even with my 4-wheel drive.

After checking the corrals out, we drove by the dike, and SURE ENOUGH, it was way full with water!  So, we drove over to Jesse Wright's home, borrowed his canoe and paddles, then grabbed Celeste Reed, and went and played!!  I'm so glad I have friends who like to have fun at the drop of a hat!  Speaking of which, MaryAnn and I wore red hats from our hat collection downstairs, and Celeste did good with her black one!

We played and had fun, then hurried to return the canoe, before I took a quick shower.   As soon as I was clened up I got to tend Dezmond while Mil taught her college dance class.  What a perfectly memorable day!!


No comments: