August 25, 2012

Saturday is a special day...we do lots of fun stuff!

I was SUPPOSED to be in Salt Lake City today for some UMTA board meetings, but Dad and I have made SO many trips up there in the last 6 weeks, I just couldn't justify the time, cost, wear and tear on the car, etc., so, I stayed home and Dad and I did a lot...some of it even TOGETHER!  Hooray!






We worked in the community garden for a while and picked lots of tomatoes while we were there.  Dad mowed and trimmed our lawns...they look beautiful!




 


While he did that I got the tractor from Sheldon and graded the road at the corrals.  It was really washed out from Tuesday's rainstorm.  Now it looks MUCH better!











After we had a late lunch, Dad and I went to see "The Odd Life of Timothy Green," which we really enjoyed!

On the way  home we stopped at Home Depot to buy some Sevin dust for the community garden...







Later we made a batch of salsa...first time just Dad and I made it!  Does this mean we don't have to share any of it with you kids??  *_*

While it cooked, MaryAnn and I worked in the garden a bit more, putting dust on all the corn beds, and then cutting PVC and putting in bubblers where the corn wasn't watering too well.  At least it's done now!!

Then a night time practice with Elita (she's singing tomorrow at the Spanish Branch), and then Dad and I watched a movie together!  VERY relaxing evening after getting a lot done today!


 Now I just better get into bed!!




No comments: