June 18, 2012

FATHER'S DAY!

Since Dad and I were home alone for the weekend (that's a first for the past two months!), and were heading to Mapleton Sunday morning, I gave all of Dad's Father's Day gifts to him Saturday evening.  I was so anxious for him to open them, I didn't want to wait til Sunday night!!


After opening the little package of Vaseline lip balm (practical me!), Dad opened the very long rectangular package.  He had NO IDEA what it was.



When the beautiful Bolivian Rosewood Native American flute, with turquoise inlay, came out of the box, he was VERY surprised.


He had never expressed a desire to learn to play one, but the more I thought about it, I knew this would be a perfect fit for him  . . . 

. . . and I was right!!
He LOVES it!


I am SO thankful, STILL, that I got to marry Roderick Joseph Hunt.  He has been all that I hoped for, AND much more, in a husband and as a father.  He is kind, he is patient.  He lives the gospel of Jesus Christ, he loves his wife and his family.  He is unselfish, he is a good provider.  And did I mention HE IS PATIENT!!
I love you, Rod!!
Love,
Trice




P.S.  And to Denzel, Brandon and Dallin - - you EACH have so many of those same qualities, and I am proud of the men you have become!  I love you!  Love, Mom

Addendum added Tuesday, June 19, 2012:


Dad LOVES his flute!!!  And he plays it a lot!!  It is doing just what I had hoped:  Given him a "hobby" that he enjoys! 

While I was riding horses this morning, Dad went on line and found tidbits here and there of how to play, what to play, etc., etc.  When I got home he was still playing (the coolest sound to hear when coming in the house...).  When I walked in he said, "Do you want to hear my first piece?"  I replied, "OF COURSE!!"  And he played Amazing Grace.  It was cool!!

Then I said, "Wait!  Come in here."  So Dad came into the piano studio, and sat on my "student bench." I asked him to play it again, while  I added some accompaniment to his Amazing Grace, and it was SOOOO cool!!  It made us both tear up!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a cool gift! I'll bet Dad is loving his new hobby! I can't wait to hear Amazing Grace when I'm home this weekend :)