November 27, 2011

One more mile. . .


This photograph was taken about 1917 in an underground mineshaft.
The horse was totally blind, as were all such horses due to a lifetime in total darkness.

It depicts the American way of life and the effort it took our forefathers to build this great country.


"Often, when I have been discouraged and despondent beyond words. I have looked at this picture and said to myself. "I will pull it one more mile."
With that attitude in mind and with an average amount of intelligence, any person can certainly make a success of their life in this land of free enterprise."
-Ross Taylor

Although this picture makes me SAD when I think about a horse being used in this manner, I am grateful that our horses are LOVED and CARED FOR and bring our family so much JOY!! But I also like the picture as a reminder that sometimes we just need to knuckle down, throw our shoulder into the difficulty, and PULL FOR ONE MORE MILE!!

I am so glad that each one of you kids knows how to work hard, even when things are very difficult. You don't give up easily and can do hard things!! Keep up the good work!

Love,
Mom

No comments: