November 27, 2011

Talents and Investments. . .

I always enjoy accompanying others in creating good music, but I especially LOVE IT when doing so with my children and husband. It was a special treat to have Natalee and Dallin play a violin duet of Away In A Manger in church today, and I'm glad I made it back in time (bathroom visit!) to accompany them!

In Sunday school class, Brent Goodwin expressed his enjoyment of hearing the musical number twice by coming early to church. He also shared his appreciation of how many hours of practice it has taken over the years to get to this point.

It made me think of my Mom. The year was 1963 when I started taking piano lessons. In 1973 I graduated from high school and headed to BYU. So a ten year investment of time and money that has yielded 38 years of musical enjoyment, service to many church meetings, civic events, etc., just on my own. Then factor in the 2nd generation of musical talents that have been developed and shared so far with you kids. Wow! I hope you will carry on such an incredible giving gift!! We are VERY blessed to have these opportunities in our lives! (I wish our grandkids all lived close so I could give them GOOD piano lessons...not the ones that Brandon got!! ^_^)

Love,
Mom

No comments: