July 7, 2011

SALSA. . . the last hurrah!!


 With Dallin leaving for the east coast, I wanted to do something memorable with him . . .Of course I thought of SALSA!!

Yup, the first tomatoes are ripe in our garden and there were just enough to make a nice batch of the tasty pasty!  Harrison was a trooper and joined in with the fun times.   
Bring back memories for any of you???


It ended up a small batch of only 7 quarts, which took a mere 40 minutes until everything was in the pot, cooking for the afternoon. 



   (Brandon still takes the cake with agreeing to help me make a batch shortly before his mission as long as he could put in as many peppers as he wanted.  That batch was definitely WARM!  But also a great memory!)


Dad and I took Dallin and Talisha (the friend who's father he is working for) to the St. George airport.  We sure love our VERY quiet airport.  Talk about no stress!!  In fact, we forgot to even take pictures!
Oh well. . .  We are excited for Dal to have this opportunity.

AND. . .  Nat left for a four day trip to California with Kjerst, RJ and Kaison.  Dad and I are HOME ALONE!!  WAHOO!!!  (Now WHERE did I put that "sexy dress" that Dallin was complaining about a few Sundays ago?!?!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you did NOT just say that....ha ha ha ha!

Patrice said...

Nope, I sure didn't!