July 16, 2011

PINE VALLEY and the Horses!

So, as many of you know, I needed to buy cubes for the horses since I was down to 2 bales of hale and no cubes.  This time last year cubes were $120/ton.  In March of this year I paid $180/ton.  I wasn't thrilled!  Well. . .  the cubes are currently selling at $250/ton!!  OUCH!!!


Luckily, Sheldon Wittwer said we could bring the horses up there for a month or two to help eat some of the grass and stuff growing on their land.  So Nat and I did!!  



We had a fun time riding around and looking at some really beautiful "summer homes."  You might be able to tell which one Natalee chose as hers!!           
I was VERY tempted to jump in the pond at the same house.  It was DEEP and beautiful!!  Maybe next time!



 When we turned the horses loose (including Red Star and her filly, Stormy), all of the horses took off running.  It was like a wild stampede as they ran through the hills, then down past the cabin, and back up again.  When they came charging up the road, I was surprised to see Stormy leading the pack and FLYING!!  I hope she didn't get too tired out!

AND we found Kirk and Joan Smith's place and had a nice visit with them.  They are LOVING living in Pine Valley!

No comments: