June 29, 2011

UGH!!

So Nat and I took Jackpot and Daisy up on Navajo Loop this evening...went a lot earlier than last week...and actually had some daylight with which to take pictures!!
 
We LOVE this beautiful area where we live!!
And Hank loves going with us, too!








Now, one other thing... when Nat went to take a picture of me with Hank she suddenly screamed, "Arghhhh!  SNAKE!!"  I went over to where she was and sure enough there was a small snake coiled up, asleep.  The markings on it were pretty distinctive, but I wanted to make sure, so I took a stick and kind of "woke up" the snake.  It was a rattler alright!


We just let it slither off into the bush and left it alone.  Come to think of it now, maybe we should have tossed it off the cliff!  Who knows if it will be there to greet us another time, but as a larger snake!!  ^_^

No comments: