May 8, 2011

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!

So, Friday was an emotional day for me since I couldn't be everywhere I wanted to be... Kristy graduated from Dixie State in St. George, with her English degree (but Rod and I weren't there!), and Dallin played two important Rugby games in Sacrament (and Rod and I weren't there!), and Nat was "home alone" supporting Kristy at her graduation (without her parents!),and Brandon graduated with his Masters degree in accounting from the University of Utah...AND ROD AND I WERE THERE!! I think I cried more on Friday than the rest of the year put together! We drove home from Salt Lake City at 9:00 p.m., and got home around 1:30 a.m. But it really wasn't that bad, and I was happy to be home where I felt like I could support MORE of the children! (We loved being with Brandon, Tannya, Nikki, Tann's family, and DENZEL for Brandon's graduation. WHAT AN ACCOMPLISHMENT!! I was just emotional...)


Mom's are usually emotional on Mother's Day...not me...I LOVE MOTHER'S DAY!! Dallin got in from Sacramento at 6:00 a.m., after a 13 hour drive! Ugh!! He was dead to the world until we got home from church, but at least he was home! Dad made a nice breakfast, and everyone gave me nice gifts and cards that I loved!! Dad gave me a nice surprise. . .a beautiful down pillow!! I would never have thought of that! I love it!

I had nice phone visits with Denzel, Jaimi, Brandon, and Amelia...and I really enjoyed the slideshow Amelia made me. (Hope you like it too!) I love being your mom and I love my husband and each of you kids VERY VERY VERY MUCH!!!

Love,
Mom

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Loved that too!! Way to go Amelia!! Made me miss your Momma. :(