March 17, 2011

AGED. . . but not OLD!!

Nothing quite like a good WHINE and some smelly cheese to make me feel okay about turning 55 today...thanks D'melia!! ^_^ Actually, Dad and I had a really fun day, in spite of his bad cold! In 31 years of marriage this is our absolute FIRST birthday we have celebrated alone!! I thought it might be our second, until I remembered I was pregnant with Denzel when we celebrated my first birthday married. Since Kristy and Dal were camping at the beach for a couple of days, Dad and I were alone today. It was so much fun as Dad made fried eggs, hash browns (perfect golden ones!), toast and orange juice; he did five "heavy hang over thy poor head" and I wished him five different things!; and then he even did "tradition, tradition!" It was a fun morning!!

This afternoon we drove to Zion (yup, we got a year pass!) and ended up driving out to Orderville, hiked a little on the east side of Zion, and also drove out to Grafton and looked around there a bit. It was lots of fun being together and just going wherever we felt like going!!

Dad got me some nice shirts, a cologne I really like from Aeropostle, AND a cordless hand vacuumn! Hooray! It was also my one day to eat cinnamon bears and a couple of Hostess Chocolate cupcakes! They were SO good!! (Next day off will be Amelia's birthday!)

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Happy Birthday darling, did you receive my birthday text? Love you tons.