November 14, 2010

10:30 p.m. Sunday evening...have just a minute to do some writing...

Last Sunday I came home from the 4-day stint up north for the piano competition.
I need to learn to CHILL regarding this whole thing!! I think this year I really got psyched out (due to a couple of non-related, but related incidents.) Too bad things aren't as clear DURING the fact as they are AFTER the fact!! Someday maybe I'll get a clue about life!!

The judges really enjoyed the lunch Linda prepared for us, this year with at least a little more notice than last year. Even with the planning we barely had 20 minutes to eat, grab some bowls of soup for one of the judges and two other ladies who "got lost" and barely had time to get to the hotel, set down bags, and dash off to the university.

The second day I spaced leaving one of the judges at the hotel, remembered 10 minutes before we were to start, had to FLY back to the hotel and we were only 10 minutes late getting started.

Uhmmmm, and this year was my "parking ticket" spectacular! Got one on Temple Square when one of the judges and I went to the Tabernacle Choir rehearsal on Thursday evening. It was AMAZING, but the ticket was uncalled for...just because I parked where it said "carriage parking" and there was no carriage there...

And then I got another at the university when I parked where the ticket booth person said I could because I was late with the judge...how was I supposed to know I was parking in a fire zone??? There were 4 other cars parked there and I parked in between them?!?!

I paid the Temple Square one and am appealing the University one. ^_^

The competition really is enjoyable to me once things get going. It's just long!! Three days worth of listening to CRAZY AMAZING PIANO PERFORMANCES is something else!

AND, when the judges say they just heard the two most amazing performances of their LIVES, is really saying something!!

So, enough about last week...

Dallin's first matinée for PETER PAN went remarkably well! Maybe I'm just a proud mom, but I think Dallin is doing a GREAT job as Peter Pan. AND he flies really well too! We're looking forward to Opening Night this week! (Nov. 18th) AND we're looking forward to family coming down to support Dallin, too! (I'll start taking some pictures and video so I can post it for Jaimi and Mike to see.)

Love,
Mom

No comments: