October 25, 2010

Where's my camera when I REALLY need it?

I WISH I had a picture of Dallin's face a few minutes ago!! He was just heading to the shower after a heated rugby practice (which was after his play practice...).

Just before he shut the bathroom door I said, "Hey, did I tell you??? (pause pause) We're going to have a BABY!!"

I thought he was going to pass out!

For a split second I couldn't understand his reaction, then I "got it" and quickly said, "NO, NOT ME!! SILVER!!" The look of disbelief/relief on his face said volumes!

But the glorious news is SILVER IS PREGNANT!! And this time it's not a false hope!
NAT & Silver
From Horses 5-22-10


I took her to the vet this afternoon who did a physical exam on her (good thing she was in a chute or the vet would have had the bejeebers kicked out of him!) Since she's 3 months along, the fetus has already dropped down in so the vet couldn't feel the foal. Out of the generosity of his heart (without charging me!) he did an ultrasound on Silver. I could see "Baby Silver's" ribs, heart, and tail in the few quick flashes we got!! It was SOOOOO cool!

Since we don't know the exact date Silver was bred (sometime in July), we're going to use Jaimi's birthday (July 11th) as the breed date. So the foal date will be around June 4th!! WAHOO!!!

(Silver and the stud meet for the first time in July!!)
From BERYL & PINE VALLEY 7-2010

(one of the foals from this stud)
From BERYL & PINE VALLEY 7-2010


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WE'RE HAVING A BABY!! WAHOO :) I'm so excited to see how he/she turns out...since the baby gets to go to you I think it's only fair I get to pick the name...just sayin :D
Thanks for posting pictures...I love the little countdown!! Take good care of my baby and her baby for me, Love you :)

Rod and Patrice Hunt said...

As long as it's a GOOD one!! Great idea!! ^_^

Love and miss you, Nat!!
Love,
Mom