October 17, 2010

Still here. . .

The other day someone said, "You know you're too busy if you need a planner..." I thought that was an interesting thought, and temporarily made me glad I don't carry a planner! Well, I think the flip side is, "The person who is so busy that they need a planner, but doesn't carry one, is very close to becoming insane!" Here I am!!

Sheesh! I haven't written on the blog, I haven't written in my journal...but I have jotted notes on the calendar. Doubt I'll get much further than notes for now.

Some of the highlights:

Dallin wasn't struck by lightening thanks to a last minute decision to check on something in the auditorium before he headed out to his car, which was parked right in front of the tree the boys were standing under when they got hit by the lightening.

Rod's shoulders are continually improving. He put his arm around me at church...which he hasn't been able to do for awhile!

I am now out of my boot and into my running shoes, although I'm not allowed to run yet.

My piano students did VERY well with the piano evaluations this year. 5 of the 20 entered were given the highest ranking available; 13 were given the second best, and 2 were given Excellent marks. I was pleased! AND three of the five were chosen to perform in Ogden at the State Convention Recital. COOL!

We had a really nice Fall Piano Recital at the St. George Tabernacle last week. We sure are lucky to have such a great place to perform in! Now, if I can just find the time to get the videos uploaded!!

Dallin and I have two performance gigs that we actually get PAID for!! One in December and one in March. It's lots of fun to perform together!

We've done a lot of riding the past two weeks, and we've gotten a lot of work done at the corrals. The replacement barn looks great, and the corrals are getting a facelift, too!

Dad and I, Kristy and Jenny (mission comp) rode down in the Anasazi Valley on Saturday. It was really cool, and we ended up on Pride Rock. Made me miss Natalee!

Well, that's the brief "catch-up" for now! There's lots to tell, but so little time!! I love each of you. Keep working hard at being the best you can be for today, then do even better tomorrow!! ^_^

Love,
Mom

No comments: