September 26, 2010

Swiss Days Parade 2010

So here's what Saturday looked like. . .

Got the horses out of the backyard (they spent the night in our yard...I won't say how bad everything looked in morning's light!) and brushed and saddled, while Harrison and Dallin did "damage control" on the backyard. The grass HAD needed mowed...but now what's left of it has been over-fertilized! The big bushy grape vine got "deforested," and a trampoline spring was "sprung" from it's 9" to a stretched out 24"!

We trailered the horses to the parade start and took some pictures. Nearly seven year old Isaiah Nielsen waited for me to lift him up on Zoro, with Harrison holding the lead. Then I dashed off to jump in one of the lead cars of the parade, as the Volunteer of the Year...still seems funny to me. (READ THE EARLIER POST FOR DETAILS...)

As soon as I got to the end of the parade, Mitzi Gates put me on her 4 wheeler, and drove rapidly back through the parade route to the start. The horses had just come around the bend at the very beginning of the parade!! I got off the 4-wheeler with my "gimp" foot, and climbed up on Zoro with Isaiah! PERFECT timing!

Celeste, Shaylee, Cassidy, Isaiah, Harrison and I all had the FUN FUN time together!



As people saw me TWICE in the parade and wondered about it, I simply mentioned I've always wanted a clone!!

No comments: