September 13, 2010

I DO Have a Brain!!

Sooooo, last night I was talking to Julie Williams and heard myself say "I feel like I'm watching a tidal wave build and can see that it's going to crash on top of me!!"

After we hung up I started to think more about my words and the mental picture I had, then I thought, "Stupid woman!! If you see a tidal wave building, ready to crash on you...why don't you MOVE?!?" So, MOVE I did! I dropped 4 of my classes...and it turns out today was the last day to drop! Boy! I dodged that wave just in the nick of time. I learned enough about Access for the time being and can understand what Brandon is talking about when we discuss his program, my Economics class is put on hold until January, and Word and Publisher might have to wait til then also!

Now I'm ONLY taking piano pedagogy, piano fundamentals (theory), and Powerpoint.

I also have the STATE piano competition coming up, and the STAKE 11 year old program we're in charge of in November. I am SO grateful I honored my husband's request last year that I not do the city's parade (which I've been in charge of the last two years) since I'm still in charge of the state piano competition. The hit both at the same time and it would have been ANOTHER tidal wave coming at me in two weeks! Whew!!

On the other side of things, yesterday was Stake Conference and Dallin gave a really good talk there. He said he was nervous, but he sure didn't look or act like it. Nice job, Dal!!

Dad REALLY enjoyed going back to teaching today. When he came home he said, "Wow, being back at school reminds me how much I really enjoy teaching. It was great being back and having so many kids be glad I was back." He was tired but not wiped out. So I was glad about that!!

I got my stitches out of my foot and now it's just a two week wait (with my boot) until I can get the pin out...and hopefully get back to some normal shoes. WAHOO!!

That's all for now.

Love,
Mom

P.S. I'm starting to re-read "The Peace Giver" I highly recommend it...and I'm sure you'll hear more about it from me down the road. ^_^

No comments: