June 25, 2010

Splatalee Ann!!

NAT'S DREAM JOB in Montana was more like a "nightmare" today!! Nat took a ride out, leading with a less-trained horse, and had quite a spill! They were crossing a river at one point when her horse freaked and started bucking IN THE RIVER!! Nat was doing fine til the horse went down, slamming her into some rocks and pinning her under water...her foot was wedged in the stirrup as the horse started to lunge to get out of the water, but she managed to pull her foot out of the boot (MY $230 boots I had given her!), as the horse bolted. The boot floated downstream with the fast moving water...Nat's face was cut and bleeding where it hit a rock, and she's pretty sore all over. She had to walk back to the ranch...AND no one was there because of stuff the owners were doing in town, two hours away! She called and told me about her ordeal, for which I was very grateful! I'm always glad when you kids feel like you can call and tell me the scary stuff that has happened to you, if for no other reason than to know we will continue to pray for you and cheer you on!

I told Nat to take be sure and take some aspirin, that I was very happy to trade my $230 boots for her life, and I was proud of her for getting back on the horse (who ran back to the corrals) and riding him around so he didn't think it was okay to buck in the water.

RIDE 'EM COWGIRL!!! We are SO grateful Natalee's relatively okay. (The pain will go away after awhile!!)

No comments: