June 29, 2010

The COUCH!!

Did you you hear about the couch that got deposited on top of our horse trailer? Last Thursday night I had gotten back from a ride about 10:15 p.m. so it was kinda late. I quickly got ready for bed, said my prayers, then heard something strange outside. I thought someone might have hit the trailer with their car, so I looked out our blinds. What I saw took a minute to compute in my ready-for-bed brain: There's a COUCH on the hay rack above the horse trailer!!

I woke up Dallin, who climbed up on the trailer and lifted the couch down to Dad and me. What do you think we did??? We put it on the corner with a "FREE" sign on it. Someone was SURE to take it off our hands!!

Just after doing that a truck came up Red Mountain from the south. The guys in the truck must not have noticed us, in the dark, as they pulled to the stop sign. The passenger had a camera in his hands, with the window down, so I said, "Hey, do you want to take a picture?" The guy was kinda shocked, and one of the other guys in the truck said, "Go, go, go!!" Then the truck quickly turned LEFT up Canyon View Drive. We figure we gave THEM a surprise they weren't expecting, too!!

I looked out the window around 1:00 a.m. when I woke up for no reason...and the couch was gone!

The next morning Dallin saw someone had posted on Facebook that they had found a "FREE COUCH" on the corner... Funny!!


No comments: