May 30, 2010

A weekend to remember...

Before we get to the pictures...I'll try to do a BRIEF explanation...
Dad and I drove up to SLC early Friday morning to attend Jacob and Kristina Hunt's wedding in the Salt Lake Temple.  The wedding and reception were very enjoyable, along with the visiting we were able to do!  Then we headed to Linda's and Monty's.  Dad and I saw "How To Train Your Dragon" (my second time!)  And we loved it!
Saturday morning we headed up to MALTA!  It was as small as we had anticipated, as indicated by the population sign. . . 171!!  HOWEVER, we loved it!  Wyatt's family is as nice as he is.  And we loved their place.  I'm STILL green with envy of that tack room!!  (Maybe Wyatt will come down sometime and help make a decent one for us!!)  I can understand why Nat likes it so much out there!
It was quite humorous when Dad and I got "lost" a couple of times trying to follow Brook's instructions for a more scenic drive back to the freeway.  SCENIC it was, but it took us nearly 3 hours as we backtracked every road (practically) there was out there!  I think we saw every head of cattle the Holtmans own!!  Luckily, we flagged down a truck whizzing by on one of the dirt roads.  He pointed us in the right direction with a few instructions.  Just before we started down the road I asked him if he knew Brook Holtman.  After a pause he said, "Unfortunately, yes..."  I figured as much.  They had the same boyish looks and demeanor and I thought they had to be pretty good friends.  He assured us that it was simply Brook's way of trying to get rid of us in a subtle way.  Thought so!  ^_^


Anyway, we really enjoyed out "Idaho" experience.  Then we spent the night at Ellison's again, went to church with them, then headed to Temple Square.  Dad and I have FUN by ourselves. (We have fun with you kids, too, but it has been a LONG time since we haven't had any deadlines to meet, places to be, or kids to accommodate!)  It was SO enjoyable just walking around and seeing everything.  We loved going on top of the Conference Center and seeing the gardens, etc.  VERY cool!  Then we headed to Mapleton, had dinner with Dan's and Janet's family, then headed home since Garrett's parents wouldn't let him come up for the volleyball tournament.  (I'm sure there's more detail than we know about...)  Anyway, it was a great weekend, especially since Hans and Amelia got engaged at the same time!!

No comments: