May 31, 2010

Running Thoughts. . .

May 31, 2010
Since Dad and I were gone for the weekend I didn't get any running in. So, I headed out this morning to do Saturday's "long run" of 7 miles. I armed myself with a few different things I wanted to work on memorizing. Well, I should have only brought one, because that's all I got done. However, I can tell you a sure way to memorize something...say it at least 60 times and you will have it memorized very well!! I ran for 82 minutes (slow, but steady running!) I figured I said the scripture at least once every minute, but to compensate for thought time, and for re-checking my paper for mistakes, starting over, etc., I can safely say I easily said the scripture 60 times. And I feel like it is embedded in my soul! This is one of my most favorite scriptures:

"AND NOW, MY SONS (AND DAUGHTERS!), REMEMBER, REMEMBER, THAT IT IS UPON THE ROCK OF OUR REDEEMER, WHO IS CHRIST, THE SON OF GOD, THAT YE MUST BUILD YOUR FOUNDATION; THAT WHEN THE DEVIL SHALL SEND FOR HIS MIGHTY WINDS, YEA, HIS SHAFTS IN THE WHIRLWIND, YEA, WHEN ALL HIS HAIL AND HIS MIGHTY STORM SHALL BEAT UPON YOU, IT SHALL HAVE NO POWER OVER YOU TO DRAG YOU DOWN TO THE GULF OF MISERY AND ENDLESS WO, BECAUSE OF THE ROCK UPON WHICH YE ARE BUILT, WHICH IS A SURE FOUNDATION, A FOUNDATION WHEREON IF MEN BUILD THEY CANNOT FALL." (Helaman 5:12) (I needed help with the punctuation!)

No comments: