February 4, 2010

COURAGE

February 4, 2010

I don't usually read The Era, simply because I have enough to do getting The Ensign read each month. However, as I sat down to eat some lunch, I grabbed The Era and opened to page 8 of the January 2010 issue. It was a one page article about what we can learn from one single verse of scripture. The reference is Joshua 1:9

I learned/was reminded of several things:

Did you know "dismayed" in Hebrew means to be beaten down or discouraged? So, when the scripture in Joshua says, "...be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest," it takes on a very different meaning.

So, the next time you feel frustrated, discouraged, beaten down, but just feeling emotionally LOUSY – remember Joshua 1:9

"9. Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord they God is with thee whithersoever thou goest."

1 comment:

Booking It With Sandi said...

That first Quote (scripture,) is the new theme for YW/YM. I did a video for YW New Beginnings with questions to the girls about being courageous but that Particular Scripture question is going to be on our YW in Excellence video.

It has really helped me with all the things that I encounter here in Ocala. Remind me to tell you about it some day!