November 20, 2009

ONE THING. . .

November 16, 2009 - Mom's Moment

Tonight, for Family Home Evening, the family went to Snow Canyon High School's production of WILLY WONKA. It was really good and we had fun being together even though it was "just" Dad and I, Kristy, Natalee and Dallin.

A couple of weeks ago was our Regional Conference. I had just torn my right calf muscle and was extremely sore, so I didn't attend the Saturday evening session. Last Monday, Dad gave the FHE lesson. I want to pass on some of what he shared...

"At Stake Conference on Saturday evening, Pres. Graf spoke. He mentioned how a couple of years ago he invited the Stake to read Gospel Essentials and use this in our Family Home Evenings...and many did. Last year he invited the Stake to plant gardens...and many did.

He extended a new invitation to us that I think we should all think about and try to implement. He said: "I would like you to think of ONE thing you could do, or change in your life, that would draw you closer to the Savior, and implement that in your life."



So, through the order of the Priesthood (from Pres. Graf, to Dad, to the family...), I would like to make sure our entire family is aware of this invitation. Let's each find ONE THING that we can do, or change, that will draw us closer to the Savior.

We've been doing this for a couple of weeks already, and I am amazed at how much it has helped me to improve. I hope it helps you, too!

Love you!!!

No comments: