Welcome to Family Home Evening ONLINE!!
1. When Christ was on the earth he established his church with the FOUNDATION OF TWELVE APOSTLES.
2. The truths of the gospel are supported by the foundation of the apostles. Some of the truths we know because of the gospel of Jesus Christ are:
a. The Godhead
b. The atonement of Jesus Christ
c. Families can be together forever
d. The plan of happiness
(these were some of the ones mentioned at OUR FHE...)
3. Within these truths can be found the first Principles and Ordinances of the Gospel: Faith on the Lord Jesus Christ; Repentance; Baptism by Immersion; the Gift of the Holy Ghost.
4. As we come to understand and accept these truths, we begin to develop a testimony. What are some of the things that we can do to help strengthen our testimony?
A. Read the scriptures
C. Attend our church meetings
5. As our testimonies grow, we come to understand the importance of having AUTHORITY, and having the keys to receive REVELATION . . .
. . . JESUS CHRIST leads his church today, through a living prophet, and 12 apostles, who have AUTHORITY and receive REVELATION for the world.
When Christ was crucified, the apostles were left to carry on. One by one, the apostles of the Lord were killed, and the truths, the authority of Jesus Christ were lost and there was a GREAT APOSTACY (falling away...or falling "down").
Gradually, people started seeking truth, and building up churches. Most contain SOME truth , but none of them have all of the truth AND the AUTHORITY from Jesus Christ.
Thomas S. Monson is the living prophet on the earth today! The Twelve Apostles are: Boyd K. Packer, L. Tom Perry, Russell M. Nelson, Dallin H. Oaks, M. Russell Ballard, Joseph B. Wirthlin, Richard G. Scott, Robert D. Hales, Jeffrey R. Holland, David A. Bednar, Quentin L. Cook, and D. Todd Christofferson.
I am SO grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God, and through him ALL of the truths of Christ's church were restored. The authority to act in God's name (the Priesthood), was restored; there is a living prophet on the earth to day, President Thomas S. Monson. The Book of Mormon is the word of God. It was translated by the power of God and is another witness and testament of Jesus Christ. I am SO thankful for living prophets and apostles. I'm grateful for divine revelation to our living prophet, and for personal revelation that we each are entitled to! I love my husband so very much! And I love every one of my children. I am grateful for the strength I feel from our family, for the love and support we feel for each other, and I really do LOVE MY JOB as a wife and mother!! In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.