August 10, 2009

August 10, 2009 – Monday

Okay… “minimum” is the word of the day, again! I get overwhelmed with EVERYTHING I need to do, and end up putting lots of stuff off…so if people used to think I “do lots of things, but not anything very well” that just got “even LESS well!” J Or at least not as detailed. “A little” vs. “nothing at all!”

Monday, Nat and I went up to Pine Valley and rode for four hours. It was beautiful and we had fun!

On Tuesday, Nat, Dad and I helped Sheldon Wittwer haul a field of hay (about 125 bales). I didn’t do too much work since I was driving the truck while Dad and Nat threw the bales on the trailer for Sheldon to stack. Then we drove the two loads down to the corrals and stacked it all under the hay shed. (I helped with that!) It didn’t take a ton of time and it feels really good to know we’ve got the hay for the horses through next spring.

I did a bunch of work in the house cleaning stuff that’s been bugging me for awhile (downstairs family room, upstairs stuff…etc.), later in the afternoon Nat and I drove out to Virgin and saw all the horses and their new foals. It was pretty fun, AND the horses came right up to us! Rod and I went to the temple Tuesday evening…that was good, too!

Wednesday I had my presidency (Primary) meeting. We sure enjoy being together (Celeste Reed, April Nielsen, Hyunjoo Godfrey and myself)

Thursday, all of us but Hyunjoo (who doesn’t like to ride) went horseback riding in Pine Valley. We went out towards Grass Valley and then came back exploring the trail up and over the mountain and ending up at the Pine Valley Cemetery.

Natalee left with Kjersten’s family to go to Lake Powell for a few days.

Friday, Dallin left with Scott Morris for a quick trip to California and the beach. They loved it!! I wish I could have gone!! But I took Denzel’s girlfriend, Anna, her daughter Bridger, and David Jorgensen riding at Pine Valley. We went up Forsyth Trail and it was a beautiful ride. (I’d give MORE details, like the treacherous part we maneuvered, Lucky kicking Silver, riding fast in the pasture, etc., but I’m going for MINIMUM and getting this done, rather than leaving it for a few months and forgetting everything!!)

Also got them situated in a better hotel (Claridge Inn is a nice place, reasonably priced!)

Saturday I took Anna and Bridger to see the horses in Virgin, then, after a dead battery and Steve Spackman being there and giving us a jump, we managed to make it back and went to the Dinosaur Museum. I like the Triceratops stuffed dinosaur Bridger got.

We had some of the guys from Denzel’s unit over for dinner (BBQ hamburgers) and it was a nice evening.

I did Sharing Time in Primary and things went really well. Note: I don't think I have EVER been touched by a child's talk/testimony until Sunday. Audrey Godfrey's talk was good, but her TESTIMONY really touched my heart!!! I was sitting by Sister Deming and making sure Alex did NOT want to give her talk...when I felt the shift as Audrey started to relate her feelings about the temple open house. At first I thought she just wasn't sure what to say...then I realized she was really thinking about her experience and trying to convey what she had felt. I really was touched by the things she shared, but most importantly that she has the ability, at such a young age (7), to be aware of those feelings AND be able to communicate them!! Wow!!!

No comments: